Here we go.

15 May 2008

Get Bent(o)!

This post is inspired by last night's meal. ATM treated me to Mt. Fuji and it was most excellent -- we both tried new things. For an appetizer, I ordered agedofu, which is fried tofu that sits in a sauce topped with green onions and what I hope was dried shredded ginger -- the ginger was a bit off-setting because it moved. It just curled and uncurled and never stopped! Creepy garnish aside, it was so delicious and fragrant, I'll be getting it again. ATM got octopus sushi and ate it before I even noticed, so he must've enjoyed it. I don't know, if I got octopus, I would've demanded all eyes on me, a bit of fanfare and a parade.

I liked the agedofu so much that I searched the internet for recipes. I didn't find a one, but I did find blogs that piqued my interest. They are about Japanese "cuisine" or Japanese-inspired foods. Apparently, a good way to spice up plain steamed rice is by using furikake. I found a recipe that would probably be appreciated by me and mines. I mean, why not? It looks good, it's made up of ingredients that I like and use frequently. Also, it's a good alternative to fried rice, which I love, but need to eat less of. Then there's this blog. I'd post photos of her dishes, but you should just go look for yourself, there are A LOT and I don't want to borrow photos w/o asking. Please note the pumpkin pie muffins, the Bollywood curry, minestrone with pesto, dahl-ling! (get it?), and the spicy carrot soup. Good lord, I want to cook cook cook! I'm always happy to try new (and good for you) foods. Om nom nom nom nom!


Spicy curry furikake:


Agedofu:




Last night, I started researching restaurants that I want to eat at in Seattle. I started with Korean because ATM has never had Korean BBQ. We need to remedy that! All night, I dream't of Korean food. All night. It was wonderful! The Stranger, Seattle's free weekly, has the best restaurant guide. KMHD is looking at it now, scoping out Ethiopian restaurants. We're off to a good start: Korean & Ethiopian.

Tonite: spa-gheddi. And LOST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food is so often a topic of discussion for us. My I-want-to-own-a-restaurant feelings have resurfaced. Perhaps we can start small and have a cart or River Market booth selling chocolate covered bacon.

Blog Archive